From: Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o>
To: Alistair Bush <ali_bush@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-council@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-council] CoC enforcement proposal
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2007 09:52:11
On 11:01 Mon 12 Nov     , Alistair Bush wrote:
> > All this team's actions must be approved by the lead within a short time > > period or must be reverted. It's expected that many actions will range > > from 6-12 hours, so 12 hours seems like a reasonable time to require > > lead approval. Whenever the lead is unavailable, approval falls to the > > council. (Remember, two council members together can make decisions.) > > My only problem with this is if we are going to impower a team to > enforce a CoC we should be prepared to stick by them. Also what is a > short period of time wrt 12 hours? So either I would would hope that > the approval of council with either be removed, or never used.
Maybe this wasn't clear, but I was trying to define the short time period as 12 hours. Is that the answer you're looking for?
> I believe that the reassessment of the CoC team should occur more > frequently to begin with (at least). i.e. every 6 month's. As time > progresses we may find that the period can be extended. But im sure we > are all aware of the importance of setting this up correctly to begin with. > > I would therefore like to propose that initially there is something > along the lines of:- > > * 3 Monthly Meetings, between council and CoC Team Leader where cases > are reviewed and advice/discussion can occur. This should be followed > shortly with a CoC meeting. > > * 6 Monthly Meeting, where council evaluates performance and vision of > each CoC member.
I'm a little confused by the phrasing, and I'm reading it as "a meeting every 3 months" and "a meeting every 6 months" because "3 monthly meetings" would mean three meetings every month. I agree with you that postmortem reviews are important and valuable. At the very beginning, I'd suggest even communication than this because of the importance of getting things started right -- every council meeting for the first three months would not be too much. Thanks, Donnie -- gentoo-council@g.o mailing list