From: Torsten Veller <tove@g.o>
To: gentoo-council@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-council] Re: Stepping back from council duties
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2008 12:05:28
* Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o>:
> Since Cardoe was the last person from the council vote with a > distribution that's anywhere between "more positive than negative" and > "even", I suggest that we leave the remaining spot open rather than > filling it with someone who the majority of developers ranked in the > bottom half of candidates.
The "bottom half" depends somehow on the number of candidates. This is the ranked list: | 1 dberkholz | 2 Halcy0n | 3 Flameeyes | 4 Betelgeuse | 5 lu_zero | 6 Jokey | 7 dertobi123 | 8 cardoe | 9 dev-zero | 10 leio | 11 welp | 12 fmccor | 13 ulm | 14 jer | 15 hkBst | 16 astinus | 17 ferdy peper | 18 zlin What is the bottom half? By ranks: 1-9 is the first half, and 10-18 the second. Or did you already remove rank 18? | * Whenever a member of the Council loses their position (the reason is | irrelevant; they could be booted for slacking or they resign or ...), then | the next person in line from the previous Council election is offered the | position. If they decline, it is offered to the next person in line, and so | forth. If they accept and the current Council unanimously accepts the new | person, they get the position with a 'reduced' term such that the yearly | elections still elect a full group. If the Council does not accept that | person, then a new election is held to choose a new member. <http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/council/meeting-logs/20070208-summary.txt> So your options are: - Change the rules once again. Because you can. - Follow the rules.