From: Torsten Veller <tove@g.o>
To: gentoo-council@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-council] Re: Stepping back from council duties
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2008 12:05:28
1 * Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o>:
2 > Since Cardoe was the last person from the council vote with a
3 > distribution that's anywhere between "more positive than negative" and
4 > "even", I suggest that we leave the remaining spot open rather than
5 > filling it with someone who the majority of developers ranked in the
6 > bottom half of candidates.
7
8 The "bottom half" depends somehow on the number of candidates.
9
10 This is the ranked list:
11 | 1 dberkholz
12 | 2 Halcy0n
13 | 3 Flameeyes
14 | 4 Betelgeuse
15 | 5 lu_zero
16 | 6 Jokey
17 | 7 dertobi123
18 | 8 cardoe
19 | 9 dev-zero
20 | 10 leio
21 | 11 welp
22 | 12 fmccor
23 | 13 ulm
24 | 14 jer
25 | 15 hkBst
26 | 16 astinus
27 | 17 ferdy peper
28 | 18 zlin
29
30 What is the bottom half?
31
32 By ranks:
33 1-9 is the first half, and 10-18 the second.
34
35 Or did you already remove rank 18?
36
37 | * Whenever a member of the Council loses their position (the reason is
38 | irrelevant; they could be booted for slacking or they resign or ...), then
39 | the next person in line from the previous Council election is offered the
40 | position. If they decline, it is offered to the next person in line, and so
41 | forth. If they accept and the current Council unanimously accepts the new
42 | person, they get the position with a 'reduced' term such that the yearly
43 | elections still elect a full group. If the Council does not accept that
44 | person, then a new election is held to choose a new member.
45 <http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/council/meeting-logs/20070208-summary.txt>
46
47 So your options are:
48 - Change the rules once again. Because you can.
49 - Follow the rules.