From: Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o>
To: gentoo-council <gentoo-council@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-council] Extent of Code of Conduct enforcement
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2008 06:35:57
Can people be entirely banned from Gentoo?

- What would such a ban include? Some ideas -- the person could not:
  - Post to any gentoo mailing list;
  - Post to gentoo bugzilla;
  - Participate in #gentoo- IRC channels;
  - Contribute to gentoo (hence my corner case of a security fix) except
    perhaps through a proxy;

- Why would we do it?

- Under whose authority would it happen?

- Would it be reversible? What conditions would cause this?

  Since the banned person couldn't participate in Gentoo, we'd never
  know whether anything changed.

- How would one appeal this? Would there be a chance to respond before
  the ban?

- Would moderating the gentoo-dev mailing list obsolete this concept?

--
Thanks,
Donnie

Donnie Berkholz