From: Doug Goldstein <cardoe@g.o>
To: gentoo-council@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-council] GLEP 54: _live or _scm?
Date: Thu, 04 Jun 2009 14:12:28
On Wed, Jun 3, 2009 at 6:03 PM, Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o> wrote:
> On Wednesday 03 June 2009 16:02:10 Piotr Jaroszyński wrote: >> on/after the last council meeting the biggest problem with g54 seemed >> to be whether to use scm or live suffix. I would like to do a small >> poll here among council members so that I can edit the glep >> accordingly. So, could you please state whether you prefer scm or >> live? > > i prefer "scm", but "live" does make more sense like Ulrich points out > -mike >
I agree with Mike here. I personally like "scm" better but Ulrich does bring good points why "live" would be better. But honestly folks, this isn't a technical item. It's a frivolous pretty item. If this is really the cause for some people's objections, then you really do not belong on the council because you're not dealing with TECHNICAL issues. -- Doug Goldstein