From: Doug Goldstein <cardoe@g.o>
To: gentoo-council@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-council] GLEP 54: _live or _scm?
Date: Thu, 04 Jun 2009 14:12:28
1 On Wed, Jun 3, 2009 at 6:03 PM, Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o> wrote:
2 > On Wednesday 03 June 2009 16:02:10 Piotr Jaroszyński wrote:
3 >> on/after the last council meeting the biggest problem with g54 seemed
4 >> to be whether to use scm or live suffix. I would like to do a small
5 >> poll here among council members so that I can edit the glep
6 >> accordingly. So, could you please state whether you prefer scm or
7 >> live?
8 >
9 > i prefer "scm", but "live" does make more sense like Ulrich points out
10 > -mike
13 I agree with Mike here. I personally like "scm" better but Ulrich does
14 bring good points why "live" would be better.
15
16 But honestly folks, this isn't a technical item. It's a frivolous
17 pretty item. If this is really the cause for some people's objections,
18 then you really do not belong on the council because you're not
19 dealing with TECHNICAL issues.
22 Doug Goldstein