From: Patrick Lauer <patrick@g.o>
To: gentoo-council@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-council] Agenda (draft) for November meeting 2009-11-09
Date: Tue, 03 Nov 2009 20:17:48
1 On Tuesday 03 November 2009 18:03:20 Ulrich Mueller wrote:
2 > Find below a proposed agenda for our next meeting.
3 >
4 I'd like council to discuss what I consider a major bug in PMS -
5 see the discussion at
6 http://archives.gentoo.org/gentoo-pms/msg_95a13d880eb521b13d7090f30350c26a.xml
7
8 Since the PMS / QA ppl seemingly don't have the authority to decide it needs
9 to be deferred to council as far as I can tell.
10
11 Short version, PMS mandates bash 3.0, eclasses use 3.2 features (e.g. +=
12 assignment). No 3.0 ebuild is in the tree anymore, so the PMS requirement is
13 quite silly.
14 Practically the tree has grown beyond what PMS defines (and done so for about
15 a year now with eclasses and ebuilds "violating" PMS with noone caring).
16
17 I would appreciate a resolution to this issue, preferably one that doesn't
18 kill half our eclasses.
19
20 Thanks,
21