From: Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o>
To: Thomas Anderson <gentoofan23@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-council@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-council] Council log and summary for meeting on 02/12/09
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2009 06:53:13
1 On 16:49 Thu 12 Feb , Thomas Anderson wrote:
2 > Secretary:
3 > - Should the council have a dedicated secretary?
4 > Previously dberkholz fulfilled this roll, but he became busy.
5 > Because fulfilling the secretary duties can distract from the
6 > meeting, a dedicated, non-council member secretary is ideal.
7 > tanderson(gentoofan23) volunteered and is the new secretary.
8
9 You don't need to say this twice (once here and once below). Delete this one.
10
11 > Conclusion:
12 > tanderson is the new secretary. Logs and summary are to be
13 > posted on the -council mailing list. If no objections to it
14 > are raised in 1 day, it is posted to to council page.
15
16 "posted to the council page and lists." (only one "to" and add "lists")
17
18 Please post to -dev, -dev-announce, and -council (set Reply-To:
19 -council). Take a look at the summaries I've sent, for example:
20
21 To: gentoo-council@l.g.o
22 Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o, gentoo-dev-announce@l.g.o
23 Subject: [gentoo-council] Council meeting summary for 23 October 2008
24
25 Hi all,
26
27 Here is the summary from Thursday's council meeting. The complete log
28 will show up at http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/council/ shortly.
29
30 > Conclusion:
31 > If the pseudo-candidate '_reopen_nominations' appears in 7th place
32 > or higher those candidates that rank above '_reopen_nominations'
33 > will be the current council. A second period of nominations will
34 > be opened for the remaining council seats.
35
36 We also agreed that 2 is enough, and we wouldn't have a 3rd.
37
38 > Technical:
39 > - GLEP 54(-scm package version suffix)
40 > There are two approaches to the problem of version ordering with
41 > so-called 'live' packages, '-scm' and 'properties=live'.o
42
43 I think this could be phrased better. For example, what are the problems
44 GLEP 54 is trying to fix? Version ordering is not the only one. Which of
45 those overlap with PROPERTIES=live? How about the other suggested
46 solution on the bug, the .live thing?
49 Thanks,
50 Donnie
51
52 Donnie Berkholz