From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: Thomas Anderson <gentoofan23@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-council@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-council] Initial Council summary for 04.28's meeting
Date: Sun, 31 May 2009 13:01:09
> - Filling the empty council seat. > [...] > Unanimously voted to fill the seat. Ulrich Mueller will fill Donnie > Berkholz's seat for the rest of the current term.
Just a minor point, is it technically possible to write my last name with u-umlaut, or must the summary be encoded in ASCII?
> - Removal of Old Eclasses. > [...] > The council voted that to remove eclasses devs should take the > following steps: > 1) Deprecate eclasses(warning)
I cannot find anything about a mandatory warning mentioned in the log. (And it would mean that eclasses like kde-i18n.eclass wouldn't qualify for removal, in spite of its deprecation in 2003.)
> 2) Removal of all functionality relating to installing > 3) After two years the eclass may be removed.
> - Handling EAPI Versioning in a forwards-compatible way. > [...] > The council voted on whether they recognized the problem that GLEP > 55 is attempting to solve is real. The vote was unanimous in recognition > of the problem.
There where some abstentions, does the meaning of "unanimous" cover this? Otherwise, the summary looks good to me. Ulrich