From: Tobias Scherbaum <dertobi123@g.o>
To: Alec Warner <antarus@g.o>
Cc: Ned Ludd <solar@g.o>, gentoo-dev@g.o, gentoo-council <gentoo-council@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-council] A Little Council Reform Anyone?
Date: Thu, 02 Jul 2009 15:00:45
1 Alec Warner wrote:
2 > > What I'd like to see for sure is a formal rule on who can decide to
3 > > modify or change parts of glep 39. As it's the council's constitution
4 > > somehow, we have two options from my pov (besides that a former council
5 > > did decide the council itself can change it's rules):
6 > > - a large majority (at least 5 out of 7) of council members needs to ack
7 > > the change
8 > > - changes to glep 39 require a vote with all developers participating
9 > > and a large majority (2/3 or 3/4) needs to ack the suggested change
10 >
11 > Just FYI, Gentoo is lucky if 1/2 of the devs vote; so I assume here
12 > you mean large majority of the people who actually voted.
13
14 Uhrm, yeah ... of course.
15
16 - Tobias