From: Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o>
To: Ned Ludd <solar@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-council@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-council] CoC: informal enforcement
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 20:08:21
1 On 12:03 Thu 14 Feb , Ned Ludd wrote:
2 >
3 > On Thu, 2008-02-14 at 11:44 -0800, Donnie Berkholz wrote:
4 > > On 11:39 Thu 14 Feb , Ned Ludd wrote:
5 > > > So in other words.. proctors all over again..
6 > >
7 > > No, this is just people telling other people how they're being jerks. It
8 > > doesn't have anything to do with any sort of official team calling down
9 > > the wrath of God.
10 > >
11 > > It happens already, but not enough. I'd just like to see that increase
12 > > by getting a small group of people actively doing it to encourage others
13 > > to do the same.
14 >
15 > Umm so yeah. That's still more or less what proctors role was. I'm sure
16 > you can get that very same group of people to help out here.
17
18 My hope is that with no team of people assigned to doing this stuff, we
19 can actually build a culture and get more people participating rather
20 than having "the people who do that stuff" and everyone else.
21
22 Thanks,
23 Donnie
24 --