List Archive: gentoo-council
Note: Due to technical difficulties, the Archives are currently not up to date.
provides an alternative service for most mailing lists.c.f. bug 424647
Things I'd like to see being discussed are:
- staggered elections ... did we came to a conclusion there?
- what happens if we get too less candidates (either by nomination or by
- the Secretary-Job ... we got a volunteer, is that ok for everyone? If
yes, I'd like to add something like this to the council page:
"On it's first meeting a new council should nominate a Secretary.
Depending on the availability of candidates, this might either be a
council member volunteering to do it, a volunteering developer or a
staff-member or in case no dedicated Secretary is found the council
members have to do it in a rotating scheme (either rotate on every
meeting or every n times). The Secretary is responsible for keeping the
log of the meeting, putting together a summary and publishing it on the
- prepalldocs ... do we need more information to decide? Should I ask on
-dev to get more input?
- Bugs remaining:
234711 - GLEP 54: scm package version suffix
234713 - GLEP 55: Use EAPI-suffixed ebuilds (.ebuild-EAPI)
234716 - Extent of Code of Conduct enforcement
What is the status for them?
- DVCS ... dberkholz mentioned it and I think we should take another look/get a status update
- Homepage: any news on reorganizing the index? any news on the redesign? Can the council push this by trying to delegate the task to someone?
- GSoC: where are the results? Why aren't they on the front page? If beacon is usable, can we set it up on the page to edit docs/pages?
Gentoo Linux Developer, Council Member
Areas of responsibility:
Samba, PostgreSQL, CPP, Python, sysadmin
E-Mail : email@example.com
GnuPG FP : F327 283A E769 2E36 18D5 4DE2 1B05 6A63 AE9C 1E30
signature.asc (Dies ist ein digital signierter Nachrichtenteil)