List Archive: gentoo-council
Note: Due to technical difficulties, the Archives are currently not up to date.
provides an alternative service for most mailing lists.c.f. bug 424647
Summary of 11 October 2007 council meeting
Present: all members, josejx proxying for lu_zero
"What are not clear are (1) whether the Code of Conduct is in effect; (2)
if so, how we enforce it."
- The CoC is in effect, but it needs a new enforcement section since the
proctors were disbanded. The council is sending discussion of this to
the gentoo-project list, to come up with proposals for three points:
- who enforces it
- musikc said devrel could
- tsunam said userrel could
- how to enforce it
- whether it's active or passive enforcement
- which actions are appropriate
- If the -project list does not come up with a draft, dberkholz will
write one based on -project discussion to vote upon at the November
comment #86 from marduk on rewrite
comment #90 re jokey's rewrite (comment #85)
- The infrastructure team will decide the future of packages.gentoo.org.
- KingTaco informed us that the current code will probably not return.
- http://packages.gentooext.net/ (written by jokey)
- http://spaceparanoids.org/gentoo/gpnl/ (written by beandog)
- Until we get a replacement, packages.gentoo.org will link to
alternatives. It now links to a forums thread describing them.
GLEP 39: project RFC addition
- We will amend the GLEP rather than writing a new one, and a note will
be added saying the GLEP was amended.
When does the new council term end?
- Voting will always take place the same month, as mentioned in
- If the new council is delayed, it gets a slightly shortened term.
- Where is the PMS repo?
- robbat2 has imported it. It's in git. Need to ping him for
- The channel was not moderated during the meeting and it went well.
Let's try that again next time.