List Archive: gentoo-council
Note: Due to technical difficulties, the Archives are currently not up to date.
provides an alternative service for most mailing lists.c.f. bug 424647
Can people be entirely banned from Gentoo?
- What would such a ban include? Some ideas -- the person could not:
- Post to any gentoo mailing list;
- Post to gentoo bugzilla;
- Participate in #gentoo- IRC channels;
- Contribute to gentoo (hence my corner case of a security fix) except
perhaps through a proxy;
- Why would we do it?
- Under whose authority would it happen?
- Would it be reversible? What conditions would cause this?
Since the banned person couldn't participate in Gentoo, we'd never
know whether anything changed.
- How would one appeal this? Would there be a chance to respond before
- Would moderating the gentoo-dev mailing list obsolete this concept?
Developer, Gentoo Linux