From: Patrick Lauer <patrick@g.o>
To: gentoo-cygwin@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-cygwin] interest in gentoo-cygwin
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 20:00:22
On Tue, 2006-01-10 at 20:04 +0100, res wrote:
> On 10.01.2006 19:59, Christian Parpart wrote: > > can't believe this to be the *better* solution. > > What else do we have KEYWORDS for when not for architechtures? > > Although, I'd rather like to see cygwin fixed, in a way it can handle such > > "valid" filenames. > > But then, Windows (which, after all, lies below Cygwin) does not support > ':'s in names either. > > It does support ':' (Unicode fullwidth colon), so maybe hack Cygwin to > replace ':' with ':' in filenames ;)
That idea is so wrong on multiple levels :-) like ... how would you delete a file? It'd be easier to kill this silly idea of drive letters and patch a unix filehierarchy into windows ;-) Anyways - minor annoyance, fixing ebuilds shouldn't be that hard. Patrick -- Stand still, and let the rest of the universe move