From: dams@g.o
To: gentoo-desktop-research@l.g.o
Cc: seemant@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop-research] Report of the desktop-research meeting.
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 09:23:58
Seemant Kulleen <seemant@g.o> said:

> You know, I have an idea (which isn't mine originally -- the originator > was the ex-dev ska-fan about 18 months ago, and more recently others > have mentioned it to me). I think it would be nicer instead of focusing > on installer, but rather on the desktop experience. One way would be to > have config tools based on dams' libconf, and the other way would be to > have UTF-8 default. I think Spider should chime in on this.
you are probably right on the installer part : it's maybe too big for the -research to develop it. But I think it's still a good thinkg to talk about it, with logs, meeting reports and so on. It might be good to have at least organized and written notes on the subject, even if we don't bring anything new. Installer development should not be held by the -research imo, but Installer research can be :) We can discuss the various scenario possible, list them, and see if they are really doable, realistic, which one is the easiest, or more powerfull, or more flexible, or more gentoo way. (sorry for my bad english, it's the morning here:) The config tools discussion and development will be initiated here. We can end up with a prototype, and development team(s), schedule, and specifications. -- dams -- gentoo-desktop-research@g.o mailing list