From: Tiemo Kieft <blubber@g.o>
To: gentoo-desktop-research@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop-research] Gentoo Configuration Tools
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2004 19:42:13
> 1) Organize the project :) > 2) Decide which tools are going to be made > 3) Setting up requirements for each individual tool > 4) Setting up requirements that are valid for all tools > 5) Implementation decissions (ie language)
Since noone seems to have any comment on this, we can start with step 2. We have to decide which tools are actually going to be designed. I propose the following, comments are, naturally, welcome :) : 1) Runlevel editor: to add and remove services from runlevels, and to start, stop and restart services. I actually made this, some time ago, screenie can be found at: http://blubber.student.utwente.nl/~blubber/gct.png Although I made it myself completely, it's based on redhats tool. 2) Network configuration editor 3) Portage editor: to edit all variables in /etc/make.conf, including selecting mirrors, and adding use-flags 4) User administration tool: to administrate local users. Suggestions are welcome, keep in mind that we are deciding on which apps to make. The individual requirements are the next step. Groeten, Tiemo. -- Gentoo Linux Documentation developer & Desktop Research member Dutch Documentation: http://www.gentoo.org/doc/nl/index.xml Desktop Research: http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/desktop/research/ blubber@g.o | http://dev.gentoo.org/~blubber/ Public key: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xE3E9E3A6 Key fingerprint = 6749 CD77 B577 D615 4B3C A082 C430 0ACD E3E9 E3A6 -- gentoo-desktop-research@g.o mailing list