From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
To: gentoo-desktop-research@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop-research] closing this section
Date: Mon, 07 Jun 2004 20:57:58
On Tuesday 08 June 2004 00:31, Adrian CAPDEFIER wrote:
> What is the difference between this list and gentoo-desktop? I > subscribed to this list to see what it was all about. > > desktop-research seemed as a list where to desktop developers would > communicate. Though I don't have any skills in either gtk or qt I > thought I could lend a hand somehow or have some usefull ideas. That > seemed kinda foolish since a more appropiate place for this would > probably be on a Gnome, KDE, FluxBox or such mailing list. > > It's always sad when a project goes dead :(
The project sadly never came of the ground. There are a number of reasons that could be named as the cause to this, but they don't matter. The original purpose was to have a project that worked on developing new ideas on how to improve the desktop usage experience. Things like making sound and other things "just work" would be here. The development of a menusystem could be a part. The reality is that those projects allways end up at the bottom of everyone's list and more urgent things actually get done. Paul -- Paul de Vrieze Gentoo Developer Mail: pauldv@g.o Homepage: http://www.devrieze.net