From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
To: gentoo-desktop-research@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop-research] Gentoo Desktop - Proposal
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2004 20:15:39
1 On Tuesday 16 March 2004 10:49, dams@×××.fr wrote:
2 > hmmm, well, nautilus integrates badly with mozilla and soffice. epiphany
3 > and gnome office are not competitive with koffice and konqueror. metacity
4 > is even not integrated as well as kwm.
5 > But well this is troll for now. Let try to agree on the concept/goal/need
6 > first
9 One particular annoyance with respect to integration to me is the following:
10 - I want the handler for a particular resource to be allways the same.
11 Regardless of the calling application. Be it gnome, kde, mozilla, or mailcap
12 based. It should be similar. This probably will need some hacking, but let's
13 bring some of the freedesktop standards to work and have kde and gnome
14 cooperate.
17 > > We should also release as often as the mainline gentoo releases to keep
18 > > version numbering in sync as well as the improvments in the mainline.
19
20 Gentoo mainline releases are still not really releases in the sense as gnome,
21 kde or even redhat has releases. It are just snapshots.
22
23 > > Comments and suggestions?
24
25 Look above ;-)
26
27 Paul
28
29 ps. Indeed control is still a key issue.
32 Paul de Vrieze
33 Gentoo Developer
34 Mail: pauldv@g.o
35 Homepage: http://www.devrieze.net