From: Eric Sammer <esammer@g.o>
To: gentoo-desktop-research@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop-research] Gentoo installer project
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 20:21:34
1 Paul de Vrieze wrote:
2 > This comes very close to my "split-screen-installer" idea where the bottom
3 > would be a console and the top a helper function (ranging from simple docs to
4 > something way more advanced)
5
6 I could see something like this in the same format as a development IDE
7 with a build window below the text editor. The more I think about it,
8 the more have a console view with pausable stages is a good thing. It's
9 useful for debugging and testing as well.
12 Eric Sammer
13 Gentoo Linux
14 http://www.gentoo.org