From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
To: gentoo-desktop-research@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop-research] Gentoo installer project
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 20:12:00
On Monday 26 January 2004 14:37, Eric Sammer wrote:
> > Right. It should be (in my opinion) manual package selection by default. > This is what our (current) users seem to expect, myself included. > Working primarily with servers, having to choose from groups of packages > that, no doubt, will contain stuff I don't want in each one is > problematic and time consuming.
I think we might order the packages on their leaf status. you normally wouldn't want to select glibc as a package to include. If you want X you normally just select your windowmanager etc. Maybe we could even provide some grouping. Paul -- Paul de Vrieze Gentoo Developer Mail: pauldv@g.o Homepage: http://www.devrieze.net