From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
To: gentoo-desktop-research@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop-research] Gentoo installer project
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 20:12:00
1 On Monday 26 January 2004 14:37, Eric Sammer wrote:
2 >
3 > Right. It should be (in my opinion) manual package selection by default.
4 > This is what our (current) users seem to expect, myself included.
5 > Working primarily with servers, having to choose from groups of packages
6 > that, no doubt, will contain stuff I don't want in each one is
7 > problematic and time consuming.
8
9 I think we might order the packages on their leaf status. you normally
10 wouldn't want to select glibc as a package to include. If you want X you
11 normally just select your windowmanager etc. Maybe we could even provide some
12 grouping.
13
14 Paul
17 Paul de Vrieze