From: dams@×××.fr
To: gentoo-desktop-research@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop-research] Fonts rendering and configuration Was: One research problem we could research
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 10:20:55
1 Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o> said:
2
3 > On Friday 10 October 2003 11:46, dams@×××.fr wrote:
4 >> Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o> said:
5 >>
6 >> yep.
7 >>
8 >> Do you have (foser and you) some kind of research directions for this font
9 >> problem?
10 >>
11 >> I've noticed in the thread :
12 >>
13 >> -changing default by configuring fontconfig better : be carefull of
14 >> subjective way of doing this, and avoid crashing non western font rendering
15 >>
16 >> -writing documentation : what is the dubject : only fontconfig
17 >> configuration? how to avoid transformation in long and useless doc?
20 > I think the documentation should also contain minimal corefonts docs (standard
21 > X font installation for apps that don't use Xft2/fontconfig (yet)).
22
23 Yes that's right
24
25 > And how
26 > to best setup your X (For example if you make sure that the resolution that X
27 > reports is square, your fonts will look a lot better)
28
29 oh that sounds good :)
30 Sure, a list of tricks to make it better would be great
33 dams
36 gentoo-desktop-research@g.o mailing list