From: Donnie Berkholz <spyderous@g.o>
To: gentoo-desktop-research@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop-research] Report of the desktop-research meeting.
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 14:21:47
1 foser <foser@g.o> wrote:
2 > On Tue, 2004-01-20 at 13:23, Donnie Berkholz wrote:
3 >> If the rest of the research people also feel that your proposal is
4 >> more important to pursue right now and should be the second project
5 >> instead of the installer, I have no problem with that.
6 >
7 > Well, it's not about one or the other, we can have both. The menu thing
8 > has been long going and actually just misses some left-over research and
9 > mostly implementation. But at least it's a goal i think we can achieve
10 > within a reasonable time frame and is an obvious improvement to the
11 > desktop experience as a whole (as opposed to an installer). I see it
12 > didn't even get discussed, which is a bit of a shame. I thought you were
13 > on of the initiators behind the initial unified menu proposal spyderous
14 > ?
15
16 You've mentioned me being an initiator of that a couple of times, and I
17 think you must be confusing me with someone else. The only point I had IRT
18 the .desktop files was getting upstream to do them instead of us writing
19 hundreds.
20
21 Donnie
26 gentoo-desktop-research@g.o mailing list