From: Luca Barbato <lu_zero@g.o>
To: gentoo-desktop-research@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop-research] test
Date: Wed, 08 Oct 2003 23:09:17
Gerald J. Normandin Jr. wrote:
> Well, I think first.. a policy should be that all devs who send mails on > this list be signed with a key, so as to maintain the integrity of > comments on the list.
gpg?
> > > Main Goal in my mind, should be research on the various positive aspects > of other distros (integration, configuration, various others) and > attempt at recommending ways to improve those, and incorporate them into > the Gentoo Distribution.Other than that, the goal mentioned suits well. >
I suggest to think about the problems first, see how the other distro solved them and then find a solution that takes in account what the other did but also what they fail to accomplish. so Research fields should be, IMHO, problems&solution from the others,
Instead of paper proposal I'd like to have prototypes or test concepts, if possible. lu -- Luca Barbato Developer Gentoo Linux http://www.gentoo.org/~lu_zero -- gentoo-desktop-research@g.o mailing list