From: munky@××××××.com
To: gentoo-desktop-research@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop-research] Gentoo-desktop howto fix-up
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 23:39:12
For the most part it isn't that bad. I do see the problems with narration
as the howto should be written in a professional matter not using "I". I
also think that we are limiting the user in his/her options. We should
describe the window managers and state pros and cons about them. In
addition, I would like to put in additional help for other programs. I
think it would be fair to include setup and configuration information for:
Xine, Mplayer, K3b, xcdroast, xchat, gaim, open office,...etc. We should
try to cover every category of applications used for the end-user and
provide at least two choices for both.

Hi,
Any change you are interested in performing an audit on the desktop
configuraion guide? I'm not really happy with how it is currently.
Several lines say "I this and I that", making the guide less readable for
users (it's more like a listing on what the author did). Also, several
lines aren't very reader friendly, such as "Author> recommends" instead of
"The author recommends". As you're related with desktop-research, I hope
you can do this.Wkr,
Sven Vermeulen

--
-Dovid Kopel