From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
To: gentoo-desktop-research@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop-research] Fonts rendering and configuration Was: One research problem we could research
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 10:06:20
On Friday 10 October 2003 11:46, dams@×××.fr wrote:
> Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o> said: > > yep. > > Do you have (foser and you) some kind of research directions for this font > problem? > > I've noticed in the thread : > > -changing default by configuring fontconfig better : be carefull of > subjective way of doing this, and avoid crashing non western font rendering > > -writing documentation : what is the dubject : only fontconfig > configuration? how to avoid transformation in long and useless doc? >
I think the documentation should also contain minimal corefonts docs (standard X font installation for apps that don't use Xft2/fontconfig (yet)). And how to best setup your X (For example if you make sure that the resolution that X reports is square, your fonts will look a lot better) Paul -- Paul de Vrieze Gentoo Developer Mail: pauldv@g.o Homepage: http://www.devrieze.net