From: Adrian CAPDEFIER <adriancapdefier@×××××××.ro>
To: gentoo-desktop-research@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop-research] emerge konqueror without emerging kdebase
Date: Wed, 01 Sep 2004 21:23:01
1 Sérgio Martins wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > It would be nice if we could emerge kdebase's applications independently
5 > (like in gnome).
6 > So, for example, we could just emerge konqueror, instead of emerging the
7 > whole kdebase.
8 >
9 > Thanks,
10 > Sérgio Martins
11 >
12 > --
13 > gentoo-desktop-research@g.o mailing list
19 Here[1] is a link to a "lightweight KDE" thread on the forums. I found
20 it difficult, since I have to wait to press ctrl+C to interrupt the
21 ebuild process, though I didn't try very hard.
22
23 <distant memory>
24 AFAIK and it's very possible I'm wrong here that's hard to do because
25 kde doesn't have a way to tell to compile just konq for example (though
26 the DO_NOT_COMPILE thingie shouts at me) and kde supplies all the
27 programs as a bundle.
28 </distant memory>
29
30 I like your idea so from your lips to kde developers' keyboards!
31
32 [1] http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic.php?t=184235
36 CAPDEFIER Adrian
37 Executive Manager
38 072 352 47 69
39
40 DIGIFIN International S.R.L.,
41 Intr. Birsei nr. 4, sector 3, Bucuresti
42 021 643 29 90
45 gentoo-desktop-research@g.o mailing list