From: dams@×××.fr
To: gentoo-desktop-research@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop-research] Fonts rendering and configuration Was: One research problem we could research
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 09:44:42
1 Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o> said:
2
3 > On Friday 10 October 2003 11:31, dams@×××.fr wrote:
4 >>
5 >> I prefer proposing things, then see reactions and feedbacks, instead of
6 >> starting endless discussions, especially in the gentoo community. If you
7 >> come with precise proposition, it's easy to say yes/no to it, and to make
8 >> things evolve quickly.
9 >>
10 >> So of course users are the goal, but we want to propose things, not discuss
11 >> 3 months long
12 >
13 > I agree. From my experience asking the comunity about anything than a full
14 > plan does not get you far. The discussions tend to loose their point at some
15 > time. Of course you can at a point before implementation ask for opinions.
16 > But you will need to make the decision yourself in the end.
17
18 yep.
19
20 Do you have (foser and you) some kind of research directions for this font
21 problem?
22
23 I've noticed in the thread :
24
25 -changing default by configuring fontconfig better : be carefull of subjective
26 way of doing this, and avoid crashing non western font rendering
27
28 -writing documentation : what is the dubject : only fontconfig configuration?
29 how to avoid transformation in long and useless doc?
30
31 btw I changed the subject. I hope I didn't break the thread for mail reader
32 that don't look at references
35 dams
38 gentoo-desktop-research@g.o mailing list