From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
To: gentoo-desktop-research@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop-research] Installation thread
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 10:32:43
On Sunday 16 November 2003 22:14, dams@×××.fr wrote:
> > The installer should detect as much as possible, provide language > selection, disk partitionning, package selection, root passwd, maybe > network, and X config. > We could use the livecd, build some graphical interface that asks minimal > question to be able to install, add some scripts that copy the needed stuff > on the harddrive, set up portage, and X.
About X, I think we should design the system that the screen even works on 640x480. In that case we can just use the standard vga modes if something goes wrong. Of course it looks lousy, but it allows anyone to use the installer. Paul -- Paul de Vrieze Gentoo Developer Mail: pauldv@g.o Homepage: http://www.devrieze.net