From: dams@×××.fr
To: gentoo-desktop-research@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop-research] definitions draft
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 08:43:50
1 I agree with GLEP integration. What about :
5 * Exploration phase - GOAL : describe and decide
6 - throw a description here, verify validity
7 - preliminary discussion here and/or irc
8 - Optional : Prepare a prototype, testcase or a little code snippet to let
9 everybody play.
10 *** we put it here, it should be done only if usefull, and should not take
11 time. A lot of problems won't be compatible with prototypes ***
12 - APPROVAL 1 : does it worth it to handle it (see below). The result should be
13 written to the mailing list and on the xml project page if we decide to
14 handle the case.
15
16 * Planification phase [strict deadline] - GOAL : have a GLEP
17 - add new tasks : at least some time to research further (with a
18 milestone), and some time to find a solution (with milestone).
19 - one of the tak should be GLEP writing. Possibly one people should take care
20 that the planification is conforming to GLEP standard
21 - assign people to the task, set up deadlines
22 - all this should be well written in the xml project pages, and should end with
23 a new and shiny GLEP
24 - APPROVAL 2 (see below)
25
26 xml project pages precisions : their main goal is to organize the work, and
27 archive what's been done. They should be the canva to the GLEP and development
28 production.
29
30 GLEP precision : should contain contain the key parts of the discussions of the
31 discussion phase, problem identification (what is the problem), problem
32 acceptation (is this really a problem), problem exploration (what are the causes and
33 possible solutions to the problem) , proposed solution and the merrits of
34 this particular solution. The latter of course from later discussions.
35
36 Decisions
37 ---------
38 We'll try to work together in a friendly manner, so no use to be strict for
39 every points. Nevertheless, rules are still usefull for extreme situations.
40
41 APPROVAL 1 : at the end of the Revision phase, we should try to come to an
42 agreement that we should handle the case.
43
44 APPROVAL 2 : I think it'd good to warn people outside of -desktop-research
45 at this point, like leaders and other devs. They should decide if they approve
46 the GLEP. Maybe we should warn/inform them before the GLEP
49 dams
52 gentoo-desktop-research@g.o mailing list