From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
To: gentoo-desktop-research@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop-research] Gentoo installer project
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 20:31:18
1 On Monday 26 January 2004 21:21, Eric Sammer wrote:
2 > Paul de Vrieze wrote:
3 > > This comes very close to my "split-screen-installer" idea where the
4 > > bottom would be a console and the top a helper function (ranging from
5 > > simple docs to something way more advanced)
6 >
7 > I could see something like this in the same format as a development IDE
8 > with a build window below the text editor. The more I think about it,
9 > the more have a console view with pausable stages is a good thing. It's
10 > useful for debugging and testing as well.
11
12 I really am thinking of a fully functional console (that does not need to be
13 used)
14
15 In ascii art it would look something like, where next would just take you to
16 the next screen. Maybe the top part could also have a vertical split with
17 options on the left and the handbook on the right (automatically put on the
18 right section)
19 __________________________________________________________
20 | Partition the hard-disk |
21 | |