From: Adrian CAPDEFIER <adriancapdefier@×××××××.ro>
To: "GENTOO ML: desktop research" <gentoo-desktop-research@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-desktop-research] defaults
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 08:19:18
1 Hello people.
2
3 So in the purpose of desktop research here is an idea. I don't know if
4 it's been done already, though.
5
6 Often when I'm developing programs I'm too absorbed into making the
7 program work and the magical defaults always come last. I usually sell
8 theese programs. Open sources developers do not sell their open source
9 programs. It stands to reason that the last part, not so important from
10 a developer point of view, might not get done or get done hastily and
11 not so good. And most programs could use general purpose defaults.
12
13 So why not create a "defaults team" to work with the developers and see
14 the results? It would need a heavily used application so that new users
15 arrive often and are able to provide lots of feedback. The agreement of
16 the developers would also be a usefull thing :)
17
18 Suggestions, ideas, cons, flames?
19
20 Adi.