From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
To: gentoo-desktop-research@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop-research] BreakMyGentoo - BMG Desktop Gentoo
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2004 16:40:46
1 On Sunday 14 March 2004 13:05, dams@×××.fr wrote:
2 >
3 > I - surprisily - agree with you.
4 > But I had this idea in mind : if people that do this "coolness" stuff could
5 > : - agree on precises goal/tasks
6 > - develop it The Good Way (tm)
7 > - keep it as an addon, to achieve a particular goal
8
9 I quite agree too
12 > Then it will become somehting different of the "just cool, badly coded,
13 > useless" stuff.
14 >
15 > The goal of the idea is to provide ready to use, customized and polished
16 > and professional looking desktop for hobyists, and small companies. (Note
17 > that "professional looking" doesn't mean anything, it's a buz word).
18
19 I would like to see a description of exactly what people want to do and why.
20 And it should be done in such a way that it is not gnome-only.
21
22 Paul
25 Paul de Vrieze
26 Gentoo Developer