From: Tiemo Kieft <blubber@g.o>
To: gentoo-desktop-research@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop-research] Installer
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2004 00:07:12
1 > 3. Gtk2: I am thinking that this may not be the best interface to use.
2 > How will this fair with those putting gentoo on very slow/old machines.
3 > Also for those doing an install through ssh would not be able to benifit
4 > from this. Maybe curses would be the way to go? There are already many
5 > tools that are already made for curses(menuconfig, ufed, net-setup). Or
6 > heck maybe there could be support for both.
7
8 This actually is one of the requirements for the installer as well as
9 the config tools. It was discussed in the desktop-research meeting. We
10 really want to support both.
11
12 Greetings,
13 Tiemo
16 Gentoo Linux Documentation developer & Desktop Research member
17 Dutch Documentation: http://www.gentoo.org/doc/nl/index.xml
18 Desktop Research: http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/desktop/research/
19 blubber@g.o | http://dev.gentoo.org/~blubber/
20
21 Public key: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xE3E9E3A6
22 Key fingerprint = 6749 CD77 B577 D615 4B3C A082 C430 0ACD E3E9 E3A6
26 gentoo-desktop-research@g.o mailing list