From: Donnie Berkholz <spyderous@g.o>
To: gentoo-desktop-research@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop-research] Installer
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 17:02:58
Oh you of little faith. Someone approached karltk at LWE with a completed python+gtk2 installer. See http://pen2.sclab.clarkson.edu/. I quote Karl: "What's more, they're going to be working actively on this irrespectively of whether we officially start using it or not. I personally would think it completely stupid not to seriously consider this most generous offer; they are an entire sw development team, they seem organised, they have api docs, and they're long-time gentoo users. Having them do most of the dirty-work, leaves us to do integration and tweaks, to polish this thing off." An old snapshot of source is at: http://www.clarkson.edu/class/cs450/fa2003/projects/gentoo/pen2.tar.gz. Thanks, Donnie