From: John Nilsson <john@×××××××.nu>
To: gentoo-desktop-research@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop-research] defaults
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 08:21:50
1 There allready exist a project providing this, it is called GNOME.
2
3 -John
4
5 On Tue, 2004-06-29 at 10:24, Adrian CAPDEFIER wrote:
6 > Hello people.
7 >
8 > So in the purpose of desktop research here is an idea. I don't know if
9 > it's been done already, though.
10 >
11 > Often when I'm developing programs I'm too absorbed into making the
12 > program work and the magical defaults always come last. I usually sell
13 > theese programs. Open sources developers do not sell their open source
14 > programs. It stands to reason that the last part, not so important from
15 > a developer point of view, might not get done or get done hastily and
16 > not so good. And most programs could use general purpose defaults.
17 >
18 > So why not create a "defaults team" to work with the developers and see
19 > the results? It would need a heavily used application so that new users
20 > arrive often and are able to provide lots of feedback. The agreement of
21 > the developers would also be a usefull thing :)
22 >
23 > Suggestions, ideas, cons, flames?
24 >
25 > Adi.