From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
To: gentoo-desktop-research@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop-research] One research problem we could research
Date: Thu, 09 Oct 2003 18:00:20
1 On Thursday 09 October 2003 16:33, foser wrote:
2 > On Thu, 2003-10-09 at 16:14, Paul de Vrieze wrote:
3 > > I was thinking more like an updated font deuglyfication guide (http://
4 > > www.tldp.org/HOWTO/FDU/) but then specific for gentoo and without all the
5 > > fontserver and netscape communicator crap, and with fontconfig etc.
6 >
7 > That is terribly complicated and outdated for a current setup, it should
8 > only focus on xft2/fontconfig.
9 >
10 I think a small section on making sure that core fonts are reasonable (for
11 xterm, xedit, etc.) and most on xft2/fontconfig. The other things are the
12 crap I was talking about.
13
14 > And i dislike the naming because it is suggestive, should be very
15 > neutral named.
16
17 I have no problem at all with that. Although at the time that doc was written,
18 fonts (esp. netscape's) were indeed ugly.
19
20 Paul
23 Paul de Vrieze
24 Researcher