From: foser <foser@g.o>
To: gentoo-desktop-research@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop-research] Report of the desktop-research meeting.
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 10:40:13
On Tue, 2004-01-20 at 09:54, Paul de Vrieze wrote:

> The report of yesterday's desktop-research meeting can be found at: > http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/desktop/research/meeting_reports.xml#doc_chap2
It lacks any rationale or even if what i proposed got discussed, which i think is of more immediate importance than any of both currently started subprojects. An IRC log would be helpful or even better a short summary. In the subprojects themselves i lack both rationale and any serious details of how this is going to be planned. To be honest the 'graphical installer' is proposed and started seven times seven times by now without any significant results. And i doubt it falls under the category 'desktop project', it's much broader and has actually little to do with working on a desktop. On a minor note, the lead is not even member of the research project (or not so on the project page) and that seems like a logical requirement to me. Is it even a good idea to have a DTL lead also lead a research project? DTL leads should be validating their personally lead projects in the end, that's not a good thing per se. Just member would probably be better. Now let's get back to my hack 'n slash game ;) - foser -- gentoo-desktop-research@g.o mailing list