From: foser <foser@g.o>
To: gentoo-desktop-research@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop-research] Report of the desktop-research meeting.
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 10:40:13
1 On Tue, 2004-01-20 at 09:54, Paul de Vrieze wrote:
2
3 > The report of yesterday's desktop-research meeting can be found at:
4 > http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/desktop/research/meeting_reports.xml#doc_chap2
5
6 It lacks any rationale or even if what i proposed got discussed, which i
7 think is of more immediate importance than any of both currently started
8 subprojects. An IRC log would be helpful or even better a short summary.
9
10 In the subprojects themselves i lack both rationale and any serious
11 details of how this is going to be planned. To be honest the 'graphical
12 installer' is proposed and started seven times seven times by now
13 without any significant results. And i doubt it falls under the category
14 'desktop project', it's much broader and has actually little to do with
15 working on a desktop. On a minor note, the lead is not even member of
16 the research project (or not so on the project page) and that seems like
17 a logical requirement to me. Is it even a good idea to have a DTL lead
18 also lead a research project? DTL leads should be validating their
19 personally lead projects in the end, that's not a good thing per se.
20 Just member would probably be better.
21
22 Now let's get back to my hack 'n slash game ;)
23
24 - foser
28 gentoo-desktop-research@g.o mailing list