From: Nathaniel McCallum <natem@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-desktop-research@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop-research] Installer's Target user group
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2004 01:00:53
1 On Jan 24, 2004, at 7:29 PM, lukas wrote:
2
3 > On Saturday 24 January 2004 20:19, Tom Hosiawa wrote:
4 >
5 >> I sort of agree with that. I loved doing the command line install the
6 >> first time, a true learning experience. But now it's just repetitive,
7 >> something to automate the trivial tasks would be welcome.
8 >
9 > Maybe I'm alone in my opinion but I don't wan't an installer at all.
10 > I fear this will lead Gentoo to the same way like redhat, suse and the
11 > other ones.
12 Perhaps maybe it will lead us in the same was as slackware or
13 freebsd... They both have installers...
14
15 Nathaniel
19 gentoo-desktop-research@g.o mailing list