From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
To: gentoo-desktop-research@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-desktop-research] One research problem we could research
Date: Thu, 09 Oct 2003 09:21:07

Hi all,

I have one thing we might opt to research (after we have the project
procedures done). We might want to look into making good-looking fonts
available standardly.

In a standard install esp. the helvetica and other adobe fonts are really
ugly. This should not be needed. Also we could try to make sure that the
fonts have exactly the same size as on windows in the browsers as there are
still webdesigners that work with font size assumptions for their layout.

Also I read a report complaining about openoffice fonts being ugly esp. on
gentoo (the only distro named). We should not just let that be, but try to
improve, and also write up a good manual on how and why fonts are beautiful/
ugly.

Paul

- --
Paul de Vrieze