From: foser <foser@g.o>
To: gentoo-desktop-research@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop-research] XFCE4 as a desktop environment
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 14:14:17
1 On Wed, 2003-10-22 at 12:47, Fabien Fivaz wrote:
2 > I think that for a Linux newbie, it's a great desktop, especially if you
3 > don't have a really powerfull machine. I was disappointed by the fact
4 > that xfce doesn't seem to be included in the GRP cds...
5
6 ehm, inclusion just after release, dunno if thats a good thing anyway.
7 It could be proposed if it shows some maturity i suppose. From my
8 personal experience i still ran into several bugs and lacking ebuilds or
9 descriptions, annoyances that don't make it newbie friendly imho (if not
10 only because it lacks the windows look).
11
12 - foser
16 gentoo-desktop-research@g.o mailing list