From: foser <foser@g.o>
To: gentoo-desktop-research@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop-research] XFCE4 as a desktop environment
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 14:14:17
On Wed, 2003-10-22 at 12:47, Fabien Fivaz wrote:
> I think that for a Linux newbie, it's a great desktop, especially if you > don't have a really powerfull machine. I was disappointed by the fact > that xfce doesn't seem to be included in the GRP cds...
ehm, inclusion just after release, dunno if thats a good thing anyway. It could be proposed if it shows some maturity i suppose. From my personal experience i still ran into several bugs and lacking ebuilds or descriptions, annoyances that don't make it newbie friendly imho (if not only because it lacks the windows look). - foser -- gentoo-desktop-research@g.o mailing list