From: dams@×××.fr
To: gentoo-desktop-research@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop-research] Report of the desktop-research meeting.
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 09:07:34
1 foser <foser@g.o> said:
2
3 > On Wed, 2004-01-21 at 21:01, Donnie Berkholz wrote:
4 >
5 > > Since avenj was too lazy to subscribe =P :
6 > > <avenj> wasn't there some kind of potential performance hit there?
7 > > <avenj> i thought i was thinking someone thought part of the issue with
8 > > RH's performance was utf8 default, but now i'm thinking i'm not sure
9 >
10 > You don't mean python's alleged performance hit (this got shortly
11 > discussed on -dev by lqx) ? To attribute a full systems performance to
12 > UTF-8 sounds far fetched to me. Anyway, the benefits likely outclass
13 > performance loss.
14
15 <AOL>
16
17 utf8 will have to be chosen as default one day. we need to use it asap
20 dams
23 gentoo-desktop-research@g.o mailing list