From: Adrian CAPDEFIER <adriancapdefier@×××××××.ro>
To: gentoo-desktop-research@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop-research] closing this section
Date: Mon, 07 Jun 2004 21:45:14
On Mon, 2004-06-07 at 20:57, Paul de Vrieze wrote:
> The original purpose was to have a project that worked on developing new ideas > on how to improve the desktop usage experience. Things like making sound and > other things "just work" would be here. The development of a menusystem could > be a part. The reality is that those projects allways end up at the bottom of > everyone's list and more urgent things actually get done. > > Paul
This is actually quite sad. If Linux is to ever become an alternative to Windows on workstations for regular users (such as managers, secretars, or any other type of people who think they don't need to "learn computers") need to have stuff as you say ... just work. Personally I would love to be able to contribute to something like this. Maybe there are many others like me. Big companies have been investing into linux as a server and maybe it's time the desktop needs some attention too. Adi -- gentoo-desktop-research@g.o mailing list