From: Luke-Jr <luke-jr@×××××××.org>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop] What "just works" and what doesn't?
Date: Wed, 06 Oct 2004 23:14:00
1 On Wednesday 06 October 2004 7:56 pm, Tim Igoe wrote:
2 > Can't get mine to work as a none root user?!
3
4 Good point. Permissions are heavily screwed up on Gentoo by default. The
5 applies to scanners, non-nVidia GLX (eg DRI-using), etc... The proper way to
6 fix this would be to give permissions to the proper groups (/dev/dri/* to
7 video; scanners to scanner group, etc) and set runtime groups
8 (NOT /etc/group, but the session's groups only) for local logins to include
9 these.
10