From: Ric de France <rdefrance@×××××.com>
Subject: [gentoo-desktop] how do I remove evolution from gnome?
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2007 11:13:19
Hi list(s),

I was looking through the dynamic USE flag page (
http://www.gentoo.org/dyn/use-index.xml ), and noticed there were some
flags that brought in evolution support... but after realising I don't
used evolution (as I am happy with thunderbird), I was wondering how
to remove evolution from gnome once and for all...

The solution would be something along the lines of:

# USE="-something" emerge -DNuva world
# emerge -P something_else

That was I was hoping that if I was going to -DNuva on world again, it
would not brought in again... I know I would be editing /etc/make.conf
to make it more permanent than just doing it before the emerge world
command...

It's just that I'm having a hard time from figuring out which USE
flags (if any) to remove to get rid of evolution...

Any suggestions?

TIA,

...Ric
--
Ric de France
Ph: +61412945554 (international) or 0412945554 (Australia)