From: lists <lists@×××××.net>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop] 8 days now!!
Date: Sun, 04 Feb 2007 14:29:05
1 > > Thats great! I love it!!!
2 >>
3 >> I'm running without my usual environment! I feel free and exposed!
4 >> sorry
5 >> for the vent, Gentoo is a great distro, it has been really bad after a
6 >> hd
7 >> crash trying to get back with a new install from an old (2006.0) livecd.
8 >
9 > I guess your problems are:
10 > - You are trying to install a new Gentoo with an old live cd. Given the
11 > gcc/glibc etc. upgrades, I bet that's the cause of your problems. Why
12 > don't you use a 2006.1 cd?
13 > - Excess of ! . Please stop that caffeine pills. :)
14 >
15 > Gentoo sometimes gets on my nerves too (This weekend I had a 2-days
16 > struggle with ALSA and I feel the battle is not at the end too), but
17 > when I think about other distros with *periodic reinstalls*...brrr.
18 >
19 > m.
20 > --
21 > gentoo-desktop@g.o mailing list
24 I needed lots of sleep. Right now I don't have a CD burner. I am using it
25 to boot from. I am running from a knoppix CD. I think there is a way to
26 fix this without starting over. I have chrooted in to my new HD, I
27 downloaded a 2006.1 stage3, I did the env-update && source etc/profile...
28
29 I will be working on this and reading through as much as I can find about
30 it today. If I can't get anywhere with it, I can get a CD from my friend
31 some time next week. Good luck with the ALSA stuff. You may need to
32 recompile the kernel with that.
33
34 rick
40 gentoo-desktop@g.o mailing list