From: Collins Richey <crichey@×××××.com>
To: Lindsay Haisley <fmouse-gentoo@×××.com>, gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop] Kernel_2.6/devfsd/SCSI/USB/Digital Camera problem
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2004 04:04:12
On Sat, 16 Oct 2004 22:51:13 -0500, Lindsay Haisley
<fmouse-gentoo@×××.com> wrote:
> Thus spake Collins Richey on Sat, Oct 16, 2004 at 10:34:45PM CDT > > There are a few little wrinkles with nvidia and sound cards, but all in > > all udev is sweet. > > What sort of wrinkles? >
Sometimes with nvidia and with some sound cards, you have to preload the module, or the correct devices will not be generated. On my laptop, I don't have to do anything extra, but on my desktop system I have to preload the alsa-oss emulation modules or no /dev/dsp, etc. Not a big deal. -- /\/\ (CR) Collins Richey \/\/ "I hear you're single again." "Spouse 2.0 had fewer bugs than Spouse 1.0, but the maintenance ... was too much for my OS." - Glitch (tm) -- gentoo-desktop@g.o mailing list