From: Stuart Stegall <stuart@×××××××××××××.com>
To: 'sconstable' <sconstable@×××××××××××××××××××.ca>
Cc: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-desktop] KDE lockups
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2004 15:49:09
1 It's definitely worth a try.
2
3 -----Original Message-----
4 From: sconstable [mailto:sconstable@×××××××××××××××××××.ca]
5 Sent: Saturday, October 30, 2004 8:58 AM
6 To: 'Stuart Stegall'
7 Cc: gentoo-desktop@g.o
8 Subject: RE: [gentoo-desktop] KDE lockups
12 Thanks for the suggestion. My keyboard and mouse are both PS/2 but my
13 friends got a usb keyboard for his playstation and my mouse can connect
14 via usb so I will try it without using PS/2.
18 /steve
21 _____
24 From: Stuart Stegall [mailto:stuart@×××××××××××××.com]
25 Sent: Friday, October 29, 2004 10:32 PM
26 To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
27 Subject: RE: [gentoo-desktop] KDE lockups
31 Are you using PS/2 or USB ... What platform? i.e. x86, ppc, x86_64 - I
32 have seen this a few times with PS/2 equipped computers, and it has
33 always been either a shorted trace, shorted pins, bad connector, or bad
34 southbridge. (or you could replace southbridge with what ever it is
35 called by your chipset manufacturer)
36
37 -----Original Message-----
38 From: sconstable [mailto:sconstable@×××××××××××××××××××.ca]
39 Sent: Friday, October 29, 2004 4:08 PM
40 To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
41 Subject: [gentoo-desktop] KDE lockups
42
43 Has anyone ever had a problem with KDE where it runs for a while and
44 then locks up for no apparent reason, and when it does that the caps and
45 scroll locks start flashing? Cause that happens to me whenever I use
46 KDE.
50 /steve