From: "M. Edward (Ed) Borasky" <znmeb@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-desktop] VMware Workstation 6.0?
Date: Wed, 07 Feb 2007 05:18:20
I am considering buying a Linux host license of VMware Workstation 6.0
when it is released. However, VMware explicitly does not support Gentoo
hosts. I noticed that 5.5 is in Portage:

*  app-emulation/vmware-workstation
      Latest version available: 5.5.3.34685
      Latest version installed: [ Not Installed ]
      Unstable version:         5.5.3.34685

Will 6.0 be in Portage? It seems silly to do that if it is not supported
by VMware.

I can't find the list of supported hosts at the moment but it looks very
much like the only free supported Linux is Ubuntu.

--
http://borasky-research.blogspot.com/