From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-desktop] Re: System problems
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2011 07:09:44
Lindsay Haisley posted on Mon, 21 Mar 2011 17:44:32 -0500 as excerpted:

> On Mon, 2011-03-21 at 22:35 +0000, Tiago Marques wrote: >> Please go troll elsewhere. Please... > > Let's just bring this back to technical discussion of the problem, shall > we? I think that's what's needed here.
Let me try one more time, then. On my original reply you only responded to the top half. In the second part I asked a question about whether you're running an initrd/initramfs, which I repeated again in a second reply when there was no answer to the first, both times explaining why it's important and the two different paths one would take from there depending on the answer. I'm still waiting on an answer to that, but as I spent quite some time on the details the first AND second time, I'll simply refer you back to them this time. You can go back and reply to them, or not. I won't bother pursuing it further if you don't believe it's worth the followup. No hard feelings either way, but I believe it could be of help or I'd have not bothered. -- Duncan - List replies preferred. No HTML msgs. "Every nonfree program has a lord, a master -- and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman