From: Lindsay Haisley <fmouse-gentoo@×××.com>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop] Nautilus-CD-Burner issue
Date: Tue, 07 Dec 2004 23:38:13
Thus spake Chris Gianelloni on Tue, Dec 07, 2004 at 11:18:19AM CST
> On Tue, 2004-12-07 at 09:25 -0600, Lindsay Haisley wrote: > > As I keep up with Gentoo system updates small things change from time to > > time, most of which aren't worth bothering with and I can chalk them up to > > 'progress' (I hope :-) Used to be, when I inserted a writable > > CD into my CD writer, The Nautilus CD-Writer utility would auto-start. Of > > late, this no longer happens, and it's convenient and I'd like to be able to > > turn this feature back on. > > > > Inserting a CD with data on it still puts an icon on my desktop and > > auto-mounts the CD (as per my fstab), and I can still manage a writable CD > > by explicitly opening the Nautilus-CD-Burner or X-CD-Roast. Does any one > > know any way to control the auto-start feature for Nautilus-CD-Burner? > > There doesn't seem to be anything in the Nautilus preferences dialog about > > this, and I've poked through the GConf tree and found nothing there, either. > > > > The feature is turned on in my "CD and DVD Preferenes" and when a writeable > > CD is deteced it's supposed to run "nautilus --no-desktop burn:" which works > > if I execute it from the CLI. It's just that the system doesn't seem to be > > detecting the presence of a writeable CD in the drive. > > Do you have "hal" in your USE and have you done an "rc-update add hald > default"? > > I'm pretty sure that this will solve it as Gnome has gone to using > hald/dbus for most of their detections.
OK, thanks. I'll reasearch this. I should note, however, that 'hal' isn't listed in /usr/portage/profiles/use.desc (last update, Nov. 29) which someone should perhaps look into. I don't have hal on the system, but will install it. If I add 'hal' to my USE list, how much of gnome am I going to have to rebuild to get this working? If gnome now depends on hal and dbus for detections, perhaps the relevant gnome ebuilds should contain dependencies to these. I know nothing about these packages, but that's nothing new. Gnome, Gentoo and other systems move so fast that every couple of weeks I have to go back to school ;-) -- Lindsay Haisley | "Fighting against human | PGP public key FMP Computer Services | creativity is like | available at 512-259-1190 | trying to eradicate | <http://pubkeys.fmp.com> http://www.fmp.com | dandelions" | | (Pamela Jones) | -- gentoo-desktop@g.o mailing list