From: "E. Liddell" <ejlddll@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop] Re: kde-sunset: qt-meta-3.3.8b-r2 build failure with libpng < 1.5
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2011 00:03:46
1 On Tue, 11 Oct 2011 23:00:26 +0000 (UTC)
2 Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net> wrote:
3
4 > However, from what I've read, this is one of the things the trinity folks
5 > are-dealing/have-dealt with since hal is pretty clearly toast at this
6 > point. Since I've not even touched kde-sunset overlay, I've no idea if
7 > there's builds for their releases or not, but if so, I'd presume they'd
8 > be 3.5.11+. So you may wish to try those (if available) and see what
9 > happens.
10
11 Trinity has released 3.5.12 and is working on 3.5.13. Serghei Amelian
12 was working on ebuilds; his Github repository can be found at
13 https://github.com/serghei/kde-trinity/tree/e88d632aac991cfa3e83e5b176bddfb8791a7cc0/kde-base/kdelibs
14 I'm not sure how current these files are, but AFAIK they are the
15 most complete available at the moment. (There are a couple of other
16 ebuild initiatives, but the last time I checked, they hadn't gotten beyond
17 kdebase and kdelibs yet.)
18
19 However, Trinity has not replaced hal yet, so installing it won't
20 fix anyone's automouting problems.